Assessment and (Provisional) Examination / Assessment Dates:
• End of unit internal assessments
• A Pre- Public Examination (January 2018)
• Two final GCSE papers (May and June 2019
CGP Revision Guides for the following:
• An Inspector Calls
• Jekyll and Hyde
• Power and Conflict Poetry
• Unseen Poetry
Areas of study:
• Section A Shakespeare: students will answer one question on their play of choice. They will be required to write in detail about an extract from the play and then to write about the play as a whole.
• Section B The 19th-century novel: students will answer one question on their novel of choice. They will be required to write in detail about an extract from the novel and then to write about the novel as a whole.
• Section A Modern texts: students will answer one essay question from a choice of two on their studied modern prose or drama text.
• Section B Poetry: students: will answer one comparative question on one named poem printed on the paper and one other poem from their chosen anthology cluster.
• Section C Unseen poetry: Students will answer one question on one unseen poem and one question comparing this poem with a second unseen poem.